Weymouth, get ready to unleash your inner dino at the first-ever “Chase the Dinosaur” event on Saturday, 10th February 2023, at Weymouth Beach. This unique and fun-filled run invites participants of all ages to don their favourite dinosaur costumes and embark on a thrilling journey along the stunning coastline. Throughout the weekend come and meet life-sized dinosaur Terry the T-Rex and stroke the baby Pterodactyl and Parasaurolophus who will also be with their owners in and around the town.
Dawn Rondeau-Irvine, Chief Operations Office for We Are Weymouth comments: “What better way to celebrate our Jurassic heritage than to bring dinosaurs to Weymouth beach?! ‘Chase the Dinosaur’ will kick off our dinosaur season here in Weymouth, with the launch of the very first dinosaur beach run alongside a new interactive augmented reality (AI) dinosaur trail throughout the town. We’re very proud to raise funds for local charity, the Will Mackaness Trust, and look forward to seeing dinosaurs of all ages on the beach. We hope to make this a legacy event which will see dinosaurs travelling from far and wide for a weekend of Jurassic fun. This year’s dino experience is the pre-cursor for much bigger dinosaur plans in 2025!”
- Date: Saturday, 10th February 2023
- Time: Warm-up at 10:45 AM, Race starts at 11:00 AM
- Location: Weymouth Beach – from the Pavilion end
- 5km Run: Pavilion end of Weymouth Beach to the stones at Greenhill and back (for adults)
- 2km Run: Pavilion end of the beach to the Pier Bandstand and back (for under 16’s)
- 1km Run: Pier Bandstand to the Pavilion (for under 11’s)
- Preschooler Race: Short race from the sand sculptures to the Pavilion
Prizes and Recognition:
- Participants have the chance to be “THE dinosaur” being chased in the next year’s event.
- First, Second, and Third places in each category will receive a 2024 prize.
- Entry Fee: £10 for adults, £5 for children, £1 for preschoolers (payable on the day)
- Registration: Sign up now on Eventbrite to secure your spot and dinosaur costume!
Join us for a day of family-friendly fun, fitness, and fundraising. Let’s make “Chase the Dinosaur” a roaring success and contribute to the Will Mackaness Trust. For more information and to register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/everybody-chase-the-dinosaur-tickets-802942541757?aff=oddtdtcreator.
After a busy day chasing that dinosaur, it’s time to return to Weymouth’s Town Centre to enjoy the harbour at dusk, sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine, head to one of the award-winning restaurants, or stay later to experience fantastic live music. For full information on where to stay and what to do, head to www.weareweymouth.co.uk